'The Sea' Out Now!

For all your general chat and chinwag on Melanie

Re: 'The Sea' Out Now!

Postby rollersk8r » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:32 am

Think I'll receive my copy by October, late but all I care is to have it in my hands, sooner or later!!!

stevie486 wrote:I really hope she gets at least one number 1 in UK again, that would be so nice and gets the recognition she deserves !

Me too!!!

To be a rock and not to roll ...
rollersk8r

Postby Fezs_Are_Cool » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:53 pm

According to BBC Radio 1's Chart Update (posted yesterday), Melanie's album The Sea is set to appear at Number 31 on the Top 40 Album Chart this weekend.

Here's the link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/update/albums

As much as I would have loved this to be higher up the chart, I think getting a Top 40 album 4 years after her last album is still respectable.

Mind you, I won't be getting this until late October as I have asked for it as a birthday present. Can't wait to listen to this.
Fezs_Are_Cool

Postby Fezs_Are_Cool » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:06 pm

According to BBC Radio 1's Chart Update (posted yesterday), Melanie's album The Sea is set to appear at Number 31 on the Top 40 Album Chart this weekend.

Here's the link:

As much as I would have loved this to be higher up the chart, I think getting a Top 40 album 4 years after her last album is still respectable.

Mind you, I won't be getting this until late October as I have asked for it as a birthday present. Can't wait to listen to this.
Fezs_Are_Cool

Postby Fezs_Are_Cool » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:16 pm

The BBC Radio's Chart Show page has posted this week's Chart update for both Singles and Albums. And On the Albym Chart, it says that Melanie C's new album The Sea will enter in at Number 31.

Here's the link to the page:

Although it may look disappointing, but I think it's great that she has a Top 40 album, especially after not releasing music in 4 years. Maybe she'll use this to build on when she brings out her n ext album (hopefully we don't have to wait as long).

Mind you, I shall have to wait until late October as i have asked for it as a birthday present. Hopefully the wait will be worth it. Loving the track Think About It. Mind you, I'll be hearing bits from all tracks via the track-by-track thing mel is doing.

Well done Melanie.
Fezs_Are_Cool

Postby Beautiful Superstar » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:36 am

I'm listening to it right now!!
Beautiful Superstar

Postby Sergey » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:39 am

This album is something incredible! I never was a big fan of Melanie C before, but once i listened to these new songs - I understood that I've just discovered for myself a great singer. Her voice is fascinating. Melanie has a great talent and I'm very glad that she shares it with people (from now on with me too). But most of all I was impressed by the song "Cruel Intensions" from new single - I've never heard anything like this. It absolutely has something divine. Thanks for your art, Melanie, now you have one more devoted fan, and I have my new favorite artist :)
Sergey

Postby bigjso » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:21 am

I bought: UK version, Germany Version and US Digital Download on iTunes.
bigjso

Postby Ocean Soul » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:31 pm

Congratulations on, and many thanks for, an absolutely gorgeous album Melanie.
"Welcome here from outer space
The milky way still in your eyes
You found yourself a hopeless case
One seeking perfection on earth
That's some kind of rebirth"
Ocean Soul

Postby PM5 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:02 pm

So far i have only downloaded Let There Be Love, but will be buying the album soon. Such a shame it charted so low and for only 1 week.
Feel This Moment= 54
Diamonds= 56
I Could Be The One= 61
What About Us= 63
Halo= 95
PM5

Postby onemarathon » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:19 am

it's taken me a while to post comments on the album as i (pre-)ordered it to ship from UK to Canada and had a bit of a wait to receive it, and then to digest the album appropriately before putting my thoughts up here.

in a word: GREAT!

The Sea far exceeded my expectations. i knew i'd love something about the album, whether immediately or after a time, but this whole thing blew me away right from the get-go. it reminds me most of Northern Star, which has been my fave Mel C album all along. now i'm thinking The Sea might be just as good... or nearly as good. or better? hard to say. yet.

Melanie's voice is as strong and amazing as ever, often moving me and giving me energy when i need it. perfect music to play just before a training run or a race! :D

i love that there are strings on every song, creating a sort of link between them all, and giving the whole album a big, full sound. really nice use of keyboards and super-heavy bass. even though there is fine, effective guitar-work on there, i do miss the tremendous soloing of Paul Gendler. what little i can detect is buried in the mix. but that aside, the album is still so strong that i'd give it two thumbs up (or a 4.5 rating out of 5).

there isn't a bad song (or moment) on the album, so it's tough to name just a few favourites, but i guess i'd say my choices are:

Weak
Think about it
Beautiful Mind
One by one
Stupid game
Burn
Drown
Enemy

ooops, that's nearly the whole album....

excellent job, Melanie... thank you so much for such a great album!
"May you catch big fishes and get all your wishes"
onemarathon

Postby keko » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:31 pm

Hello to everyone!!!
I'm writing from Croatia, so sorry for my english :)

I am big fan of Melanie C and few days ago I realize that the new album is out for a month.
I try to find it in CD shops here in Croatia but it's the same problem like with two other albums before - here in Croatia you can not buy Melanie.

So I buy it on eBay and I can't wait to come to me.

I hope that after new single Weak she will deserve much better place in all the charts!!!

Go Melanie!!!
keko

Postby keko » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:35 pm

Great album!!!
keko

Postby krtkkarphillmuk » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:25 am

yay finally got my copies!!!

Both CD cases cracked during transit... but the CD is safe! :)
krtkkarphillmuk

Postby MelCFan1982 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:06 am

I got my copy from Amazon.com mine was the UK Edition and have the European Edition downloaded from iTunes. Love both. :) <3

"You only regret the things that you don't do." - Melanie C
MelCFan1982

Postby keko » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:03 am

Today I finally got my copy from eBay!
Album is amazing. Great songs and her vocal is great...

Go Melanie!!!!!
keko

PreviousNext

Return to Melanie